Tuesday 24 May 2011

Welcome !

Welcome to my blog.  I run North Devon Hawk Walks and spend most of my time messing around with hawks on Exmoor, in Devon.  I hope to use this blog to help introduce people to falconry and to share my experience of these fascinating creatures.

I've seen blogs described as " vanity web-sites" and I don't intend to let that happen to me!   I'll be telling you what the hawks are up to,  how they are behaving during our outings, either on hawk-walks or hunting for rabbits and pheasants, and passing on any tips or useful information I pick up that may be of use to other people owning, training or caring for hawks.


I have just two hawks,  Lady Macbeth ( an 8 year old female), and Cassius  ( a 9 month old male). Both are Harris Hawks.  I'll be posting pictures of them in the near future.  I hope to buy a female Sparrowhawk later this year.  More about that later.



More about myself and the hawks at my website http://www.northdevonhawkwalks.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment